Henry & Karen Mears together pastor The Journey Church of Tri-Cities.
Henry has served as senior pastor for nearly 25 years. For over 15 years he has served as a member of the Apostolic Team of Ministers Fellowship International, of Portland, Oregon. In those years he has ministered in pastors’ and prophetic conferences around the world.
Henry trained under Kenneth Hagin at Rhema Bible Training Center in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. Pastor Henry’s ministry emphasis has brought the messages of faith, prophetic insight, and financial freedom to thousands.
- Likes to read: The Bible, John Grisham.
- Favorite food: Meatloaf (you haven’t had it like Karen makes it!)
- Favorite TV show: John Stossel on Fox Business (makes me pray more)
- Favorite movies of all times: Braveheart (as William Wallace yelled “FREEDOM!” at the end of the movie, my theology changed), Bucket List (cost me a trip to Maui with Karen.)
- Favorite people: (After Jesus, Karen, and my kids - my grandchildren in alphabetical order) Annie, Ethan, Hannah, Jentzen, Jett, Judah, Megan, Qorban, and Zach. (and, “No”, it is not my job to discipline my grandchildren.)
- Life verse: John 17:4 (Lord, I want to run the race, keep the faith, bring YOU glory!)
- Dearest to my heart: The flock God has given him in the Tri-Cities.
Karen - In addition to Pastoring The Journey Church with her husband, is a certified life coach. She has knit together the Biblical principles of the abundant life, which so often eludes most Christians, with the tools of life coaching. In doing this she is helping many to define and reach the life God has for them. Karen has regularly spoken at and hosted women’s conferences and pastor wives conferences.
- Likes to read: The Bible, Faith novels and business books.
- Favorite food: Tenderloin on the BBQ and Whoppers.
- Mind Challenge: Learning to play the piano.
- Favorite movies of all times: Christmas with the Kranks (keeps me away from Botox).
- Life Message: Change your thinking, change your life!
- Favorite pastime: Loving on my family, being the best grandma in the whole world, and research.
- Life verse: Phil 3:13 (Forget what’s behind – press on to God’s calling for me.).